As San Antonio’s largest OB/GYN practice, the Institute for Women’s Health has multiple employment opportunities requiring various levels of skill and training. We specialize in obstetrics, urogynecology, gynecology, infertility and reproductive endocrinology. The Institute for Women’s Health has a staff of more than 175 full-time employees.
We recognize the contributions of our employees and know that each and every person plays an important role in providing quality healthcare to our patients. One of our goals is to attract and maintain professional and support staff who will help us remain a leader in our community.
The Institute for Women’s Health is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability, as required by state and federal law. We comply with applicable state and federal laws concerning nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Submit Your Application Online!
To get started, please download and complete our application: Employment Application CIWH PDF
Once you complete the Employment Application, please fill out our Employment Form and upload your application.
Verification Specialist GYN – Full-Time
Location: Administrative Office
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. M-F, Saturday hours may be required
Must have experience in healthcare industry, medical practice or similar environment for duties required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook, and ability to type 30 wmp required.
- Verifies insurance two days prior to appointment
- Documents benefits in current INS forms
- Makes any necessary changes to demographics
- Contacts patient with benefits and patient responsibility
- Prepares a new verification form for each patient
- Confirms all referrals and authorizations and verifies same-day work-in appointments
- Ensures weekly work-in/add-on duties are completed
- Checks for any new messages sent through EMR for patients/new patients
- Reviews and responds to telephone messages and emails on a daily basis
- Serves as back-up receptionist answering telephone at the front desk
Registered Medical Assistant
Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., some late evenings and Saturday hours
Certified/Registered Medical Assistant, at least one year of clinical experience required.
- Assists physicians with patient care
- Prepares patients for exams or treatment
- Prepares and administer injections
- Takes patient history and vitals
- Triages patient calls